Frequently asked questions

About registering your travel details

Who do I contact if I need help registering?

If you need help registering contact the FCM Travel Team on the following details:


What if my passport is expired?

You will need a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity at the time of registering and booking your flight. This information will be used to apply for your travel exemption.

What if my visa is expired?

Let your education provider know immediately if your visa has expired. You will need to apply for renewal through the Australian Department of Home Affairs. You will require a valid visa in order to register.

What if I have a valid passport but my visa is attached to an expired passport?

When registering make sure to advise the details of your valid visa, you will not need to note the expired passport details. Make sure you travel with both the expired and valid passport.

What happens if I can't pay for my flight when I register?

Your registration will be incomplete and your place will be offered to another student if payment is not received by the registration deadline.

What are the cancellation conditions? 

Refunds due to Commonwealth, State or Territory or overseas government action resulting in the cancellation of flights are subject to airline conditions and will be communicated to students directly. Refunds for any other cause are not permitted.

What are FCM's Booking Terms and Conditions? 

Read our Booking Terms and Conditions.

About flights and travelling to Australia

Do the flight costs include a return ticket?

No. Flight costs are for one-way travel from the specific departure point to Australia only.

Can I travel on the same flight as my friend?

Yes, but only if you have been invited to register for the same flight as your friend. If your friend has been invited to register for a different flight you will need to travel separately.

Can I request a specific seat?

Seat requests can be made at the airport when you check in for your flight.

Can I upgrade to Business Class?

Requests to upgrade flights can be made upon check-in and a subject to availability with the airline.

If I need to cancel can I get a refund?

Each airline has its own refund policy and conditions. Please check the refund conditions for your flight under the ‘flights’ tab in the booking portal when you register. Booking and cancelation fees will still apply.

Do I need travel insurance?

Travel insurance is not compulsory but is strongly recommended.

What should I bring with me for the flight?

We recommend bringing extra face masks for your entire journey and hygiene items such as hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes within your cabin baggage allowance. Please check the airline’s information as well as the Australian Border Force guide on what you can bring onboard an international flight.

When do I need to wear a mask?

Face masks must be worn through all areas of all international airports, including Melbourne Airport.

Passengers are required to wear medical surgical or advanced masks during check-in, boarding, in the aircraft cabin, during disembarkation and when directed by the airport team or cabin crew. If using N95 masks, ensure it does not have a breathing valve.

What happens if I miss my flight?

If you miss your flight to Australia, please contact the FCM Travel team immediately at

What happens if my flight is delayed or cancelled?

If your flight is cancelled prior to your date of departure you will be notified by FCM and new flights will be arranged for you.

If your flight is delayed on your day of departure you will be notified by the airline and a new departure time will be advised. Please make sure to listen to announcements and speak to airline staff at the airport for information on your delay.

What happens if I get sick?

Prior to date of departure: If you start showing signs of illness prior to your departure date, make sure to get tested for COVID-19. If you receive a positive result you will be unable to travel to Australia and will need to notify the FCM Travel Team immediately.

During travel: You will be screened for signs of illness and asked to declare your health status at your departure airport. If you are denied boarding due to exhibiting signs of illness, you will need to notify the FCM Travel Team immediately.

If you get sick onboard your flight to Australia you will need to alert the cabin crew and follow their directions.

Do I need a Green Code (China Only)?

Yes, please ensure you have completed your registration before departure. Please scan the QR code below to be taken to the registration:

Upon arrival at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Suikang Code for Guangzhou residents or Yuekang Code for Non-Guangzhou residents must be shown to the airport staff before entering the airport.

You are required to register on Wechat mini APP – 粤省事 and declare your health circumstance and locations in the past 14 days. Only those with a Green Code will be permitted to enter the airport.

Who do I call if I need help during my travel?

Please contact the FCM Travel Team on the below details.

Contact Us




(+61) 2 7922 2159

Translate en